Designation: Assistant Professor (Stage 2)
Specialization: Physical/ Biological Anthropology
Contact: +91-8794732016, +91-8730802377
Email: yaiphabameitei [AT] manipuruniv.ac.in, sanyaimei [AT] gmail.com, yaipha_meitei [AT] yahoo.co.in
i) Member of the Sectional Committee of the Section Anthropological and Behavioural
Sciences (including Archaeology, Psychology, Education and Military Sciences) for 2017-2018.
ii) Reviewer in Journals: Journal of Anthropology, The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, The Anthropologist, Homo: Journal of Comparative Human Biology, Frontiers in Biological and Life Science, Gene Reports.
b) Members: Life Members of
i) Indian Science Congress
ii) The Indian Anthropological Society
iii) The Anthropological Society of Manipur
i) Journal Publication:
1. Henry Konjengbam and Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2020. Association of kidney stone disease with dietary factors: a review. Anthropological Review 83(1): 61-69.
2. P.S. Vaveine Pao, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei and K. Saratchandra Singh. 2019. Correlation of Birth Weight and Birth Length with Mode of Delivery in Manipur. Human Biology Review 8(4): 330-338.
3. Henry Konjengbam and Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2019 Knowledge and Attitude towards the Formation of Kidney Stone (KS) among the Youths of Manipur, Journal of Indian Anthropological Society 54: 237-242.
4. HS Singh, S Kabita, S Das, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei and KN Saraswathy. 2018. Alcohol Consumption Patterns and Blood Pressure: A Study among Meiteis of Manipur, India. J Life Science, 10(1): 66-72. DOI: 11.258359/KRE-120.
5. M Asghar, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, Y Luxmi, N Achoubi, KS Meitei, B Murry, MP Sachdeva, KN Saraswathy. 2014. Opportunity for natural selection among five population groups of Manipur, North East India. Anthropologischer Anzeiger 71 (4): 369-380.
6. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, Md. Asghar, SK Rongmei. 2013. Declining male population in the valley districts of Manipur (India): A case of population dynamics. J Indian Anthrop Soc 48: 299- 305
7. KN Saraswathy, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, HS Singh, AT Joseph, PR Mondal, B Murry, MP Sachdeva, PK Ghosh. 2013. Dopaminergic D4 receptor polymorphism among 24 populations of India: an anthropological insight. Anthropological Science DOI: 10.1537/ase.130609 (Impact factor: 1.16)
8. E. Sinha, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, P Garg and KN Saraswathy. 2013. PDE4D gene polymorphisms and Coronary Heart Disease: A case-control study in a North Indian Population. Journal of Clinical Laboratory Analysis 27(3): 297-300. ISSN: 1098-2825. (Impact factor: 1.356).
9. MP Sachdeva, D Saksena, PR Mondal, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei and KN Saraswathy. 2013. Dopamine D2 Receptor and Ankyrin Repeat and Kinase Domain Containing 1 Genes among the two linguistically distinct tribal populations of Ranchi district, Jharkhand, India Anthropological Anzeiger 70(1): 15-26. ISSN 0003-5548 (Impact factor-0.53).
10. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, KS Meitei, B Murry, PR Mondal, KN Saraswathy, PK Ghosh and MP Sachdeva. 2012. Common genetic heritage and admixture among Indian population groups as revealed by mtDNA markers. Anthropological Science 120(3): 227-234. ISSN: 0918-7960. (Impact factor: 1.16)
11. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2012. New trends in Anthropological genetic research. Frontier Anthropology 1: 13-20. ISSN: 2319-5835.
12. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, KN Saraswathy, MP Sachdeva. 2012. Demogenetic Study – A holistic approach for understanding human population structure. International Journal of Human Science. 9(2): 392-404. ISSN: 1303-5134.
13. HS Singh, D Saksena, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, B Murry, PR Mondal, MP Sachdeva, PK Ghosh, and KN Saraswathy. 2012. Haptoglobin polymorphism among fourteen populations of India. Anthropological Anzeiger 69(1): 97-106. ISSN 0003-5548 (Impact factor-0.53).
14. R Deb, J Arora, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, S Gupta, V Verma, AK Kalla, KN Sarasawathy. 2011. Folate supplementation, MTHFR gene polymorphism and neural tube defects: a community based case control study in North India. Metabolic Brain Disease 26 (3): 241-246. ISSN 0885-7490 (Impact factor-2.20).
15. KN Saraswathy, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, V Gupta, B Murry and MP Sachdeva. 2010. Allelic and haplotypic structure at DRD2 locus among five North Indian Caste populations. Am. J. Phy. Anth 141: 651-657. ISSN 1096-8644 (Impact factor-2.82).
16. KS Meitei, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, Md. Asghar, N Achoubi, B Murry, PR Mondal, MP Sachdeva and KN Saraswathy. 2010. A Genomic insight into the peopling of Manipur, India. Genetic Testing and Biomolecular Markers 14(6): 765-773. ISSN 1945-0265 (Impact factor-1.11).
17. N Achoubi, Md. Asghar, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, MP Sachdeva, KN Saraswathy and B Murry. 2010. Haemoglobinopathies and Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency in Malaria Endemic Region of Manipur, North East India. Anthropological Science 118(3): 201–204. ISSN 13488570 (Impact factor- 1.16).
18. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, Md. Asghar, NA Devi, B Murry, KN Saraswathy and MP Sachdeva. 2010. Distribution of ABO and Rh(D) blood groups among four populations of Manipur, North East India. Anthropological Notebooks XVI(II): 19-28. ISSN 1408-032X.
19. KN Saraswathy, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, B Murry, NK Devi, E Sinha, V Gupta, R Mukhophadyay, Md. Asghar, NA Devi, KS Meitei and MP Sachdeva. 2009. Population severance in Manipur at DRD2 locus. Genet. Test. and Biomol. Markers 13(6): 831-839. ISSN 1945-0265 (Impact factor-1.11).
20. Md. Asghar, N Achoubi, Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, KS Meitei, B Murry, KN Saraswathy and MP Sachdeva. 2009. Haptoglobin polymorphism among three populations of Manipur, India: a critical analysis. Int J Hum Biol 3(2). ISSN1939-4594.
21. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei and G.K. Kshatriya. 2009. Distribution of A1A2BO and Rh Blood Group among the Rajputs and Warlis of Naroli Village Panchayat, Dadra and Nagar Haveli. The Anthropologist 11(1): 65-66. ISSN 0972-0073
b) Books/Reports/Chapters/General articles etc. Chapters
1. Kh Dimkhoihoi Baite and Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2019. An Epidemiology of Hypothyroidism in North East Indian Population: A review. In Mithun Das and Subir Biswas (Eds), Anthropology in Public Health, pp 63-72. New Delhi: Concept Publishing Company. ISBN 978-93-86682-87-1.
2. Khangembam Somibabu Meitei and Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2019. An Anthropological Outlook on the Emergence and Migration Histories of Northeastern Populations, India. In Sarthak Sengupta and Juhi Borah (eds)Spectrum of Anthropological Perspectives of Northeast India. New Delhi Gyan Publishing House, ISBN: 978-81-212-1943.
3. Dollyca Ningombam and Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2018. Smoked Fish and Associated Health Risks: A Review, In Aditi Nath, Kamei Beeju, Ankur Saxena (eds)Social Ruminations on Health A Critical Spectrum. New Delhi: New Delhi Publishers. ISBN NO: 9789386453303.
4. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei, Y Luxmi, Sunnarita Y and NA Devi. 2016. Genetic Polymorphism in HIV Resistance: A Review, InMC Arunkumar, PK Kumari & TJ Chanu (eds) Health and Illness: An Anthropological Exploration. New Delhi: Akansha Publishing House. ISBN: 978-81-8370-473-1.
5. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2015. Adolescent hypertension on rise: A review’ in MC Arunkumar, P. Krishnakumar and T. Joshila Chanu (Eds) Health and Health Culture: North East Experience. New Delhi: Akansha Publication, ISBN: 9788183704427.
6. D Baite and Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2017. Public Health Surveillance, Module 24; Research Methods and Fieldwork, Paper No.: 13; Anthropology, e-PGPathsala.
7. Henry Konjengbam and Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2017. Test and Retest Anthropological Research, Module 26; Research Methods and Fieldwork, Paper No.: 13; Anthropology, e-PGPathsala.
8. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2015.“Applied Human Genetics” Anthropology e-module, Module 31; Physical or Biological Anthroplogy, Paper No.: 01; Anthropology, e-PGPathsala.
9. Sanjenbam Yaiphaba Meitei. 2015.“Methods for studying Human Genetics” Module 23; Physical or Biological Anthroplogy, Paper No.: 01; Anthropology, e-PGPathsala.
1. Genomic Profile of the Rongmei (Kabui) tribe of Manipur, India: An Anthropological Genetics Study. 2012. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany. ISBN: 978-3838385723
d) Paper Presentation
Presented a paper on “Food Habits and Fatness among the Adolescents of Manipur”
in the International Conference on Anthropology of Food and Health organised by Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi held on 27-29 February 2020.
Delivered an invited talk on “Need for Translational Approach in Fighting the Childhood Malnutrition: A Review” in the Anthropological and Behavioural Science section in 106th Indian Science Congress held at Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar from January 3-7, 2019.
Presented a paper entitled “Genetic Structure of North East Indian Population: A Molecular Anthropological Approach” in INCAA held on February 21-23, 2017 organized by Department of Anthropology, Vidyasagar University, Midnapore.
Presented a paper entitled “Reproductive Performance and Differential Fertility among the Kabui tribe of Manipur” in 104th Indian Science Congress, held on January 3-7, 2017 organized by S.V. University, Tirupati.
Presented a paper entitled “Genetic Heterogeneity of Manipur Population as Revealed by mtDNA Haplotypes” in the International Seminar Anthropological Research in North East India: Retrospect and Prospect organized by Department of Anthropology, Manipur University in collaboration with The Indian Anthropological Society. held on November 8-10, 2016
Presented a paper entitled “Genetic Structure of North East Indian Population: Its Implication in Medical Research” in the National Seminar Anthropological Perspective: Contemporary Issues and Challenges organized by Department of Anthropology, Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar (MP), on July 15-16, 2016
Presented a talk on the topic ‘Declining Male Population in the Valley Districts of Manipur’ in the World Habitat Day, Oganized by department of Geography, Manipur University on 5 October, 2015.
Presented a paper entitled ‘Hypertension in the Young Ages: A New Paradigm’ in the National Seminar Anthropology of Cardiometabolic Adversities organized by Department of Anthropology, Manipur University on September 25-26, 2015.
Delivered a talk on Nutritional Assessment in the UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Home Science organized by Academic Staff College, on 17th January, 2015.
Presented a paper entitled “Adolescent Hypertension on Rise: A Review” on National Seminar on Health, Culture and Conflict, organized by Department of Anthropology, Manipur University, from 20th -21st November, 2014.
Presented a paper entitled ‘Interrelationship between Demography and Genetics in Anthropological Research: A Critical Review’ in the “Science Communicator’s Meet-2014, Indian Science Congress”, organized by University of Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir, held at University of Jammu, J & K from 4th-5th February 2014.
Presented a paper entitled ‘Validation of Oral History in reconstructing the Ethno-history of Kabui/Rongmei: A Tribal Community of Manipur’ in the National Seminar on “The Native Hill Communities in Manipur From Ethno-Historical and Cultural Perspective”, organized by Centre for Manipur Studies, Manipur University, Manipur from 18th-19th October 2013.
Presented a paper entitled ‘Cultural Relevance of Bamboo and Cane in the Contemporary Society of Kabui/Rongmei of Manipur’ in the National Seminar on “Indigenous Bamboo and Cane Culture in Manipur”, organized by Department of Anthropology, Manipur University, from 12th14th September 2013, Manipur.
Presented a paper entitled ‘The future of Molecular Anthropology in Manipur’ in National Seminar Relevance of Anthropology in Contemporary North-East India organized by P.G. Department of Anthropology, D.M. College of Science, Imphal, Manipur from 1st - 2nd March 2012.
Participated in Workshop ‘Anthropology and Museums’ organized by IGNCA, Bhopal from 4th to 6th October, 2012.
Participated in Workshop ‘Genetic Epidemiological Methods for Dissection of Complex Human Traits’ organized by TCG-ISI Centre for Population Genomics (CpG), Kolkata, India and University of Pittsburgh, USA, from 17th – 24th Feb, 2010.
Presented a poster entitled ‘Alu Insertion Polymorphism among the Kabui tribe of Manipur, India and peopling of South East Asia’ in International Symposium on “Ethics Culture, and Population Genomics"& 34th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Human Genetics, organized by Anthropological Survey of India and Indian Society of Human Genetics from 17-20 March 2009.
Presented a paper entitled ‘DRD2 gene polymorphism among the Kabui (Rongmei) tribe of Manipur’ in National symposium on Paradigms in New Anthropology: Genome Diversity, Diseases, Obesity and Health, organized by Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi from 22nd - 24th December, 2008.
Presented a paper entitled ‘G6PD and Haemoglobinopathies – A study among the Rongmei (Kabui) tribe of Manipur’ in Inter-University Inter-disciplinary Seminar on Exploration in Anthropology and Allied Disciplines: Emerging Trends and Challenges organized by Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi from 7th – 8th March, 2008.
Participated in National Symposium on Tribes: Rethinking Paradigms in Anthropology 2008 organized by Department of Anthropology, University of Delhi from 26th - 28th December, 2008,
Participated in International Seminar ‘Genomics and the Future of Medicine’ organized by Human Genome Organization (HUGO) at Hyderabad from 27th – 30th September, 2008.