Designation: Assistant Professor (S-3)
Specialization: Sampling, Reliability Theory
Email: sopendra [AT] manipuruniv.ac.in
Details of Publications :
1. Salam Opendra Singh and PK Singh (2008) , “Studies on the Disease Diversity Indices (DDI) in Langol a Mixed Vegetation of Imphal West infected by Mealy Bugs” J. Curr. Sci. 12 (1), 287-289. ISSN:0972-6101
2. Salam Opendra Singh (2008), Double sampling for ratio estimation and Hansen & Hurwitz technique, Curr. Sci. 12 (1), 290-294. ISSN:0972-6101
3. Salam Opendra Singh (2008) “A bivariate model to study the stochastic behaviour of breastfeeding and post partum amenorrhea” Aligarh Journal of Statistics vol. 28(2008), 27-36. ISSN:0971-0388
4. Salam Opendra Singh and K.K. Meitei (2010) “Optimum value of Var(”, Int. J. Agricult. Stat. Sci., Vol.6, No. 2, pp 471-477, 2010, ISSN:0973-1903.
List of Conference/Seminar/Workshops sponsored/organised/participated :
1. National Workshop :
Participated in workshop on “Image Processing, Pattern Recognition and Applications” during December 13-17, 2004, jointly organised by Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Unit, Indian Statistical Institution and Computer Department , Manipur University, Canchipur, Manipur..
2. National Workshop :
Participated in workshop on “Techniques of analysis of Demographic and Health Statistics and Application of Computer Softwares” during 11-20 March 2005 organised by Department of Statistics, Manipur University and Population Studies Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
3. National Seminar :
Participated in workshop on “Developmental Challenges and Employment Generation in North East India” held on October 20-21, 2005 at Manipur University organised by Manipur Institute of Management Studies, Manipur University.
4. National Workshop :
Participated in workshop on “Applied Statistics” organised by the Applied Statistics Unit of the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata in collaboration with Department of Statistics, Gauhati University, Guwahati, Assam during 28th February-2nd March 2006.
5. National Symposium :
Participated in workshop on “Diversity of Plant Pathogens and their management in Eastern India” organised under the joint auspices of Indian Phytopathological Society, New Delhi and Department of Life Science, Manipur University on 27 and 28 November 2006.
6. National Workshop :
Participated in the workshop on “Conservation and Commercialisation of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants of NE Region with reference to Manipur” organised by State Medicinal Plants Board, Manipur in association with the institute of Bio-resources and sustainable development, Imphal under the aegis of National Medicinal Plants Board, New Delhi held on 12 and 13 April 2007.
7. International Symposium :
Participated in VI International Symposium on Optimisation and Statistics (ISOS 2008), December 29-31, 2008 organised by Department of Statistics, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P.
8. National workshop :
Participated in the National Workshop on “Data analysis by Excel” held during 12-16 December 2011 at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
Paper Presentation :
1. Presented a paper “Studies on the Disease Diversity Indices (DDI) in Mixed Vegetation of Imphal West infected by Mealy Bugs” in the National Symposium on Diversity of Plant Pathogens and their management in Eastern India organised under the joint auspices of Indian Phytopathological Society, New Delhi and Department of Life Science, Manipur University on 27 and 28 November 2006.
2. Presented a paper “The sample size; how much is enough” in the National Seminar “on Role of Statistics in Physical and Social Sciences” under the UGC sponsored with D.R. College , Golaghat, Assam on October, 29 and 30, 2007.
3. Presented a paper “Growth and Development of Industries in Manipur” in the 2 day National Seminar on “Entrepreneurship Development in North East India with special reference to Woman Entrepreneurs of Manipur-Problems and Prospects” organised by Department of Commerce and IIPA Imphal Local branch held on 28-29 may 2012 at Manipur University Imphal.
4. Presented a paper “A survey on levels of living of some occupational groups, a special reference to Imphal West” in the 2-day National Seminar on “ Indo Myanmar Border Trade Composition and Volume” organised by the Department of Economics, Manipur University in collaboration with the Manipur Economic Association under the UGC-SAP held during 25-26 March 2013 at Economics Department, Manipur University.
5. Presented a paper “A survey on Reproductive tract infection of Women (special reference to Bishnupur District, Manipur)” in two days Regional Science Congress for North Eastern Region organised by ISCA Imphal Chapter & Manipur University and Indian Science Congress Association at Manipur University on 31st November and 1st December 2013.
6. Organised a Workshop on “Data Analysis using Statistical Package” during February 21-25, 2011 at Department of Statistics, Manipur University, jointly organised with Applied Statistics Unit, ISI, Kolkata.
7. Organised a Workshop on “Data Analysis using SPSS” during July 24-27, 2012 at Department of Statistics, Manipur University, jointly organised with Computer and Statistical service Centre (CSSC), ISI, Kolkata.