Designation: Assistant Professor
Specialization: Statistical Inference, Survival Analysis, Demography, Multivariate Analysis
Email: shantikr [AT] manipuruniv.ac.in, sksalam1974 [AT] gmail.com, salamsantikumar [AT] yahoo.co.in
M Sc.(Stat.), CSIR-UGC NET, PGDCA, PhD
Dr Salam Shantikumar Singh completed his Masters Degree in Statistics from Aligarh Muslim University and stood first class first. He was awarded Ph.D. degree by Manipur University in the research topic “A Statistical Study of Child Mortality in Valley District of Manipur”. Dr Shantikumar has been a bright student, a second position holder in TDC (Core) in Statistics From Manipur University.
He is a CSIR-UGC Net qualified and recipient of Senior Research Fellow of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (UGC).
His started his teaching career as Guest Lecturer at the Dept of Statistics, Manipur University, after which he Joined Pachhunga University College, Aizawl as Assistant Professor. Presently he is serving as as Assistant Professor at Department of Statistics, Manipur University. He also work as a consultant of data analysis using statistical methods and packages (SPSS, R,Minitab etc.) in many research fields, like medical sciences, life sciences, management studies and social sciences.
1. Salam Shantikumar Singh & R. K. Narendra Singh. Differentials and Determinants of Child Mortality. Ruby Press & Co., India, 2014.
Papers in Books/Edited Books
1. Salam Shantikumar Singh (2015). Problems and Prospects of SHGs as Micro-Enterprises in Manipur. In: RKPG Singha: Development Perspectives in North East India Micro and Macro Studies; Lakshi Publishers & Distributors, New Delhi, 2015. ISBN: 978-93-82120-58-2. P: 169-182.
Start-Up Grant of UGC funded project (recommended)
1. Dr. N. Surbala Devi, Dr. Salam Shantikumar Singh, Dr. A. Amuba Singh and Dr. Th. Premchand Singh. Effect of Nurse Directed Diabetes Home Care Management on Glycaemic Control and Complications. Indian medical Journal, Vol. 105 No. 11, November 2011 (Annexure): pp 418 (A)-420(A). ISSN No. 0091-5871.
2. Salam Shantikumar Singh & Prof. R. K. Narendra Singh. Determinants of under 5 mortality in North East States of India. Indian Medical Journal, Vol. 107 No. 5, May 2013: pp 265(A)-269(A), ISSN No. 0091-5871. (First Author).
3. Salam Shantikumar Singh. Application of Cox’s Proportional Hazard Model and Construction of Life Table for Under-Five International Journal of Statistics in Medical Research; Vol. 3 (2) pp134-144, ISSN: 1929-6029/14.
4. Salam Shantikumar Singh. Cox’s Proportional Hazard Model and Construction of Life Table for Under-Five American Journal of Biostatistics. Vol-4(1) pp 1-10; 2014. ISSN: 1948-9889. Doi:10..3844/ajbssp.2014.1.10
5. “Measuring Reliability of Lifelong Learning Questionnaire in an Indian Setting (Manipur)” Acme International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. Vol-II, Issue-XI, November, 2014.
1. Invited 4 lectures delivered on 07/01/2013 & 08/01/2013 on the topics of “Test of Significance-I and Test of Significance-II” during the “Faculty Development Programme on Research Methodology and Modern Pedagogy” organized by Manipur Institute of Management Studies (MIMS), Manipur University, Imphal.
2. Invited 2 lectures on 6th July, 2012 at Hotel Imphal on the topic “Amenities available in the Household and Assets possessed by the Household” as a resource person during two days Workshop on Data Dissemination Workshop on Housing, Household Amenities and Assets, Census 2011 organized by Directorate of Census Operations, Manipur.
3. Invited 2 lectures on 2nd April, 2015 at UGC-Academic Staff College, Manipur University on the topic ‘Measurement of Data and Scale Development & Factor Analysis’ during the Interactive Programme for Ph.D. Scholars.
1. Participated in the“Workshop on Surveillance: Models, Issues & Methods” (March 7-8, 2008) jointly organized by Stat-Math Unit, ISI, Kolkata & Department of Statistics, Gauhati University, Guwahati.
2. Participated in the“Workshop on Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research (SQC & OR) Practices Methods and Applications Using Software” (October 20-21, 2008) jointly organized by QC-Unit, ISI, Kolkata & Unit of Biostatistics, RIMS, Imphal.
3. Participated in the “National Workshop on Epidemiological Profiling of HIV/AIDS Situation at District and Sub-District Level Using Data Triangulation” (22-24 January, 2010) organized by Deptt. Of Hospital Adm., CSM Medical University, Lucknow; Sponsored by NACO, India and supported by APAC,VHS & UNAIDS.
4. Participated as a member of the organizing committee in the “National Workshop on Statistical Techniques for Decision Making (STDM)”(25-26 October, 2012) organized by Department of Statistics, Pachhunga University College, Aizawl.
5. Participated in the One Day “Workshop on Research Proposal and Fulbright fellowships Opportunities in the United States” (8 February, 2013) organized jointly by Manipur University and United States-India Educational Foundation, Kolkata at Manipur University.
6. Participated in the “2 Days State Level Workshop on Innovative Methods of Teaching in Higher Education” (9-10 May, 2013) organized by IQAC, Pachhunga University College, Aizawl.
7. Participated in the“National Workshop on Preservation of Rare Documents (Physical, Chemical and Digital)”(May 16-17, 2006) organized by Department of Library and Information Science, Manipur University, Imphal.
8. Participated in the “Three Days Workshop Cum Training on Access to Library Resources and Internet” held on 17-19 January, 2014 at Manipur University, organized by Manipur University Library.
9. Participated in the Two Days’ workshop on Digital India Awareness organized by Computer Centre, Manipur University at Court Hall, MU on 3-4 July, 2015.
1. Participated and Paper presented entitled “Estimation of Intersurvey Child Mortality” in the “National Seminar on Biostatistics” (February 26-27, 2010) sponsored by UGC and organized by Department of Statistics, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, Assam.
2. Participated and paper presented in the “National Seminar on Economic Development in North East India: Challenges and Opportunities” (21-22 March, 2013) organized by Department of Commerce and Department of Economics, Pachhunga University College, Aizawl.
3. Participated and paper presented entitled “Binary Regression Analysis on Child Mortality” in the “Two days Regional Science Congress for North-Eastern Region” held on the 30th& 31st December 2013 organized by ISCA Imphal Chapter & Manipur University.
4. Participated and paper presented entitled ‘ Adult Suicidal Ideation- A Structural Equation Modelling’ in the 3 days National Seminar on the local theme Science & Technology for Human Development during 21st-23rd January, 2015 organized by ISCA hosted by MU.
5. Participated in 4th UGC SAP-DRS I Two Days National Seminar on Border Trade at Moreh: Past, Present and Future organized by Department of Economics, MU on 30th& 31st March, 2015.
Short-Term/Orientation/Refreshers Courses Participated:
1. Participated in the UGC sponsored - Orientation Programme organized by the UGC-ASC, MU from 19th January to 17th Feb, 2015.
2. Participated in the “UGC sponsored Refresher Course in the Subject Statistics” from 1st November to 22nd November 2010 organized by Manipur University.
3. Participated in the “Short Term Course on Accounts and Book keeping” organized by ICM, Imphal from 11-07-2005 to 15-07-2005.
4. Participated in the “Short term Course on Financial Management and Cost Accounting” organized by ICM, Imphal from 28-06-2005 to 02-07-2005.
5. Participated in the “Short Term Course on Research Methodology” (25th-30th May, 2009) organized by UGC-Academic Staff College, Manipur University, Canchipur, Imphal.
6. Participated in the“Two Week Research Methodology Course” Organized by Unit of Biostatistics, RIMS, Imphal from July 28 to Agust 9, 2008.
Consultant for data analysis using statistical methods and packages(SPSS, R, Minitab) in the field of medical sciences, life sciences, management science and social sciences.